Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today is Veterans Day(Happy birthday mom!). Don't forget to lift a prayer for the veterans and the men and women serving us now in the armed forces. Pray for them not just today, but everyday. They are awesome heroes.
I am requesting a couple of prayers for some friends and family members. My cousin Tommy died Tuesday of a heart attack. Please pray for his family. While we all know that he has been called to something greater, the family still grieves his lose.
I received an email from my friend Lissa. Her daughter Karsen, who has Angelmans syndrome, is having feeding issues. They will be spending the next week at St Vincents trying to help Karsen and figure out what is going on. Please keep them all in prayer as well. Karsen is a trooper and beautiful child. To learn more about Angelman's, I have included a link:http://www.angelman.org/stay-informed/facts-about-angelman-syndrome/
Blessings on your day!

3 comments:

Beth Schultz said...

It's just like you to be thinking of others and asking prayers for everyone else as you struggle day to day to get through your own storm. What a great witness you are for all of us-to praise Him in the storm, right? That's what it's all about. By your unselfishness, you are showing Him praise!
I am hoping when you call this afternoon to see if the surgeon received your pet scan disc you will hear good news that it is in their hot little hands! Let us know!
Just a reminder that you are doing an awesome job with Claire with everything else you are dealing with!
Love ya sissy!

kreeves said...

I finally was able to get to a computer and sign up so I can keep following your journey as well! I'm so glad so many people are there to catch you if you fall, to lean on when you're tired, and to share when you need to! I'm glad you married my brother cuz I sure do love your spirit! May God bless and surround you in warmth and love!! Karen

WheresMyAngels said...

Sorry about your cousin Tommy :(

My cousin has two boys with Angelman's syndrome, inherited from her. I always find it odd that we are related, we both are carriers of a syndrome and we both have two children with it.