Sunday, November 30, 2008

It certainly has been a nice 5 days having Dennis home and all of us being together. I had a 24 hour bug Saturday and had to miss my brother Tony's 50th birthday party. I hated being at home alone! But I also got some well needed rest. It seems as though lately I have not wanted to be around crowds. Don't get me wrong, not family or friends or church, but places like Wal-Mart and the grocery store. Ok, I guess who really likes going to those places! I just want to hole up and live in my own little world right now. BUT.... if I do that this will mean that cancer is taking control and we all know that I do not like that! Tomorrow is a new day! I have to go get my chest x-ray and my blood work done before my biopsy on the 9th. I will have to call the surgeons office to make sure the hospital faxes the info. My luck I would get to the hospital the day of surgery and they not have the information. I just want to get all my ducks in a row.

I am going to make an effort to enjoy this time of year and appreciate the true meaning and why I am here. It can be so easy to feel sorry for myself and feel pity, but those of you that know me, know that this is not how I feel or would want to feel. I keep saying that once I start treatment is when I am going to be a wimp and complain! ha! I don't want people to look at me and feel sorry for me. I have been given cancer for a reason. I don't know when I will know why, but I know my God and he knows what I am capable of. I always know this is why he gave us Claire. Who by the way is a real spitfire! Oh my! January and preschool cannot come fast enough! Ha! Most parents hate to see their kids start school. Not me. I am so excited for her to start because I know that she will love it. Her new thing is dancing to music. She esp. loves "Hairspray." She will stand up and tap her butt and then shake it. I think daddy taught her that. Ha!

I don't plan to blog much this week. That being said, things could change.

Blessings on your week!

3 comments:

Linder said...

Hi! I've been wanting to get on this site and say Hi, but being the computer genius I am (ha) I couldn't figure it out. Your darling husband has helped me. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Kiss that sweet Claire. Love, Linda Renbarger

WheresMyAngels said...

Okay, I found you again. Sherrill has your blog listed. I forgot she put them on the sidebar.

Know I am saying prayers for you.

WheresMyAngels said...

Well heck, I should of just looked thru my reader. Since I got you there.