Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another beautiful day! Thank you Lord for the sunshine! I want to thank everyone for the cards and well wishes I have received so far. It does my heart good. Claire has her horseback riding lessons tonight. She wakes up every morning signing "horse." She loves these lessons! I am so happy she does. They are so good for her. Dennis is going to take her alone tonight so that I can have alittle time to myself. I think that is good!
My sister and I are anxious to see the DR tomorrow in Indy and see what she has to say. At least this is a start in the right direction.
At least this week I am a little more focused than last week. I think I was in a daze the whole week. I really do. Knowing that God has a plan for me and my recovery makes me more at peace. I don't feel I am as strong as people think I am. I am just realistic and know I have a family to raise and I know that for a fact it is not doing anyone any good being all worried and depressed. Claire is a smart cookie and in the last few weeks she has known that something is going on because she has been so clingy. This is a better week.
Go out and enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Beth Schultz said...

You will have days (and weeks) that you are less focused than others. That is very valid.
I am ready to get to that doctors appt tomorrow! Hoping we will get some answers and a game plan.
It is hard to explain the strength that you really do have. What most people can't understand is that when you are the person with the cancer, you are the one dealing with all the feelings, calling the doctors, trying to continue your life as normal as you can-you really do possess a strength that can not be described. You do what you need to do in the moment to get by.
You are a great wife, mother, aunt, daughter and sister. And so many more things on top of those. We are all here for you and love you!

Jan Gerth said...

God only gives you what he knows you can handle. I don't think you realize how strong you really are, but God does. I am saying extra prayers today on this important day. Don't forget those all around you who are trying to be strong for you. It is also a difficult time for them. You are trying to be strong for each other. I agree with Beth, some days will be better than others. The important thing is to take each one as they come and take them one at a time.