Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love the sunshine despite the cold weather! Yesterday I had a ball with my girlfriends shopping. Thank you Amy, Janet, and Sharon. What a riot! I was not even tired after 12 hours! The best thing I bought were matching holiday aprons for Claire and I to cook in! These we can use year after year too.

I was trying on hats at Kohl's and me losing my hair was mentioned. This woman commented on a hat I was wearing and then excused herself for listening in and told me about her journey with breast cancer.

I remember after Claire was born , how refreshing and encouraging it was and still is, to meet other parents of special needs children. To know that we are going through the same thing they are. To try to make our children as independent and happy as they can be, while getting them the best education as possible. I am meeting new people as well on this new journey I am on. I embrace all their stories and pray for them for being so brave to share with me.

Know that we are all on our own individual journeys in life, but headed in the same direction as well. I lived with an oncology nurse in WI. She really taught me some valuable lessons. I esp. learned that no matter what the circumstance, all people should be given the opportunity to have the best quality of life until their last breath. We should all embrace our differences.

Take time out today to just smile or say hi to someone on your daily walk or in the store. You will be surprised what a difference that can make to one person!:)

No comments: