Friday, November 14, 2008

I called the DR office again this morning. Finally got to talk with a person! Her assistant did not find anything in her records as far as scheduling a biopsy for me. She told me she would talk to Dr Rager and get back with me. Dr Rager just called me. She said she consulted with the radiologist and the nodes are too close to blood vessels to do the needle biopsy. She is going to have to do a lapriscopic biopsy. If this does not work, she will have to make an incision and I will have to spend a couple days in the hospital. So, her plans are to go in and remove a node to look at. She told me she didn't think this was a pressing issue and that they were booked until Thanksgiving anyway. So at this point looks like I won't be having my biopsy until the first week of December. And so I wait....some more! Ugh! I am even wondering now if I won't start treatment until the first of the year. By the time I get the biopsy and then hook up with an oncologist, I am sure it will not be until January. All I can do is pray and pray for patience, because at this point that seems to be what I am lacking!
Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

WheresMyAngels said...

Mary, I just don't understand this, you would think their would be a rush. One of my staff's boyfriends has prostate cancer, he just found out. They gave him three options of what to do and then scheduled his next appointment in January! I'm frustrated for you, I would hate waiting.

Can I add you to my side bar? I just like to link from my blog, easier for me to veiw blogs that way.