Thursday, November 13, 2008

It has been a disappointing week. I heard nothing from the DR in Indy. I was told to call by Thursday if I did not hear from her. I called Tuesday and today. The only number I have goes directly to her assistant's vm. I even called Schneck to make sure they sent the disc to her. They sent it overnight the same day! So I know they have it. It is nervewracking to be in this situation and not have a solution. Once I have the biopsy at least I will be able to know what kind of lymphoma I have. And there are so many different types. I have included some links my sister passed on to give you an idea:
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CRI_2_3x.asp?dt=32 and
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CRI_2_3x.asp?dt=84
I am hoping to hear something before the weekend. Surely they won't leave me hanging until Monday!
The biggest problem I am having right now is that this is all happening when I want to be able to teach Claire so much. I feel like she is going to get the short end of the stick this year. I have been told over and over again that I need to put myself first during this process. How do you do that as a mother and wife? Esp of a special needs child? I love being home with her and being able to teach her so many things. But with her starting preschool in January, I can rest assure that most of her needs will be met there. I just know that this coming year will be filled with appts., treatments, and recovery. All I can do is "Trust in my heavenly Father." Thank you Cheri!(and Aunt Dot)
Saturday I am getting my hair cut. It has been 8 weeks because I thought I would let it grow out. I have no patience for this. Sunday we are taking Claire to the refuge where our friends Bill and Lois Bryden are going to take photos of her. Dennis is wanting family photos as well...we will see about that! Ha!
Blessings and Peace!

No comments: