Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last night Dennis kicked me out of the house to go to a "girls night out" Mary Kay open house. I did stay later than I had planned. Thank you Mandy for sharing some of your mom's journey with me. Very inspirational, esp the wig part! Tee-Hee! I went home right away and got online to look at head coverings. Specifically cute little hats, etc.... I found some hats with hair (wigs) attached! I wondered if anyone would suspect anything if I wore one with long blond hair! Though fun to look at really, it was one of those reality moments, "I have cancer."
Tonight I had the opportunity to speak with Michelle Koester about her journey and what a journey she has had. Thank God she is doing well and is healthy. She will be a good person to talk to when I have questions and I am having some rotten days. She was saying how she didn't mind losing her hair, but didn't like the fact that she lost her eyebrows and eyelashes! This is so me! It is not about my hair, but my health! But really, I like my eyelashes!
Saturday I am going shopping with some girls for a day of shopping. We went to Chicago last year, but this year I didn't want to be out in the cold so much. Since we don't have any serious shopping to do, we are going to Keystone at the Crossing. I love Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn, so this will be fun! Plus there is just so much to do in the area too. Honestly, I could spend all day in the Barnes and Nobles if it was up to me!
Blessings!

No comments: