Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today I had my DR appt with the surgeon at Clarion West. Wasn't what I would have liked. Dr Rager is very nice and well spoken. Unfortunately, I did not have a disc of my CT-scan or PET scan. She really needed to see this to find out where the lymphnodes are. She could not feel them in my abs or my collarbone. Though there was fullness more on the left side of my collar bone.

Being that she is a surgeon, she did not feel comfortable making a diagnosis. This being said, we all admitted that having a 2 inch swollen lymphnode is not common.

The next step is to have the biopsy. She is hoping it will just be a needle biopsy and she can do that in her office. She needs to consult with the radiologists to see exactly where the nodes are. I am sure the collarbone will be the easiest to test. After this we should know within 3-4 days what type of lymphoma I have. If I would have gone to Seymour for my biopsy, it would have taken longer to get the tests back, etc... I am so thankful I chose to go elsewhere. As far as surgery, she felt that the nodes with cancer would not have to be surgically removed. She felt that this way we could track them and the treatment and see they were responding to the treatment. Also, she felt a surgical biopsy would be the last resort.

After we find out what kind of lymphoma, she will hook me up with an oncologist at IU med.

So, I am disappointed not having left there with scheduled biopsy, but I should hear something from her within a week.

I have to remember that God is in control. It is hard when you are a control freak and like to have things the way you want to have them yesterday! Ha!

Once again, thank you for your daily prayers. It is overwhelming for me to know that people that dont even know me are praying for me.

Tomorrow night I am going with the youth group from Peace to the Third Day concert at IU auditrium. Diana Thomas and her kids are going with as well. Please lift them up in prayer as well. It has not been that long ago that she lost her husband Jim to cancer. I am hoping this concert will be a good outlet for them.

4 comments:

Trina Riggott Photography said...

Sorry that you were a bit disappointed in your appointment. Maybe after she sees the scans your biopsy will be set very soon. I am thinking of you daily. I am so hopeful that you will receive good news soon from the doctor.

Becky B. said...

Mary,
The Sterling Church is praying for you, too! I'm glad you went to Indy. You have always been pro-active with Claire & I'm glad you're handling this situation the same way. You seem to be coping well, I wondered how Dennis & your parents are doing. I know Beth has been so much help, what a blessing!I started working at the local newspaper Wednesday. I think I'm really going to like it. Miss you! Thanks for inviting me! Love you!

Lori said...

It can be so hard to wait. It's that feeling of not having any control. At least once you get the results you can plan how to move forward. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I think about you and pray for you, Dennis, and Claire everyday. The power of prayer is a wonderous thing and you have a lot people praying for you.

Have a great time at the concert!

Julie King said...

Mary,
Thanks for the update, I thought of you all day Thursday. I hope you can get the biopsy soon! I love Third Day!!! Wish I was going too, I will be working,UH!! I hope you have a great and safe time. Think of me, my favorite song of theirs is Cry Out to Jesus!!!