Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday I went and got my Nuelasta shot. I have heard so many bad things about the side effects of this shot that I was up Thursday morning at 4:00. I woke up crying and had a good cry for 2 hours. I had to have my sister take Claire to school. I was too exhausted to drive. It was horrible! All these things started going through my mind. What if I am taking chemo and going through all of this for no reason. What if after the 12-14 rounds of chemo I still have cancer...what if? what if? Ugh! It was horrible! Maybe I just needed that time to morn and grieve and get used to that fact that every other week for a few days I am going to feel like shit. (excuse my French but it is true)
All I have done today is sleep. This is so not me and I hate it! I am so tired I hardly even want to take the energy to eat.
I do need to give a shout out to several people. I don't think I acknowledged our Down syndrome support group for sending us the gift cards. They have been a blessing believe me. From day to day I have no idea what my appetite is going to be like and at least I know Dennis and Claire will get fed! Thank you!
Thank you to Joe Jones who has jumped on the band wagon for my cause. He shaved his head along with all his facial hair! What a great guy! Oh, and neighbor as well!
And Paul, my dear Paul. Our friend Paul in Green Bay has arranged to shave his head for charity for my cause. I believe I will have the donations he raises go to the Cancer Center here in town. I know Paul and he will kick ass with this! Thank you Paul..I love you!
I hope I have not forgotten anyone. Pat Gerth for the gift of prayer that you sent. Thank you very much!
I try and write thank yous as soon as I can, but I either lose them, or they sit with no stamps for weeks! My mother really did teach me better! Ha!
Next week is Spring Break and I am hoping Claire will sleep in most the week! She does start back on her horseback riding lessons. I know it will be tough for her to get back into them, but she will love them and I know she misses "Little Joe."
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Peace and blessings!

2 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

My hubs just finished 12 rounds for Non Hodgkins lymphoma and started 17 rounds of radiation yesterday. FEEL FREE to email if you want to talk with him. It really helped him during the process to talk with a friend's sister who went through it only a year before. Hang in there. and....IT IS WORTH IT!

clairesmom said...

Stephanie,
I need your email address. Mine is mary.r.carlson@comcast.net.
Thanks dear!