Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I wanted to take a minute to blog since I just put Claire down for a nap. Round 2 of Chemo is done! My white cell count was down which was not a surprise. I go in tomorrow to get the neulasta shot. Have not heard good things about the side effects of this, so I am apprehensive. I figured I may as well plan on a down weekend. This is fine with me. It still gives me a good week before round 3 that I will feel good.
Talked to the DR about weight lose. She does not even want me to think about losing weight right now. She just wants me to maintain. As chemo is stressful on the body as it is. She said alot of people gain weight as chemo goes along because they are more tired and less active. I thought this just means I will not be able to eat as much junk! I still plan on walking when I can for my sanity!
I have to admit that the nurses in the Cancer center are all nice and very funny. They really take care of their patients. For this I am grateful.
Tomorrow night Dennis and I are going to our DS support group meeting if my body allows. We have not been to a meeting in so long. It will be so nice to see everyone, esp the kiddos. Although we are keeping Claire at home.
Speaking of...she did very well with her tubes yesterday. She was their favorite patient yesterday they said. She kept waving and wanting to give her infamous "taters" to everyone. She is back to her old self today. She is very vocal and louder! I think she can actually hear herself more and is getting a kick out of it! Too cute!
Enjoy the sunshine!
Peace!

1 comment:

sassy stephanie said...

Be prepared. I hate to tell you this, but at the same time don't want you to be caught off guard. My husband's first round of shots in the "danger zone" (he took nupogen) was horrible. He was in such pain that he had to call the doc on call. It appears the nurse 'forgot' to prescribe him a pain pill that went with it. Make sure you have everything in line!

Eat even when you feel like you don't want to. My hubs said it always made him feel a little better, even if it was just mashed potatoes or crackers in his stomach.

Best of luck. Praying for you.