Sunday, March 8, 2009

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Thank you to Janet for going shopping with me yesterday. I had a ball as always. Today was a little dreary, but the sun did eventually come out and I got a walk in. It was so nice to be able to walk. I really want to keep my weight off that I lost and maybe some more. I know people think that is not right to want to lose weight while undergoing treatment. Hey folks, I have it to lose and I just want to get in the habit of eating healthy anyway, and if losing weight comes with that, it is an extra bonus. I am going to have my good days and bad days when it comes to my appetite anyway. A few days after chemo I usually don't eat much anyway. Food is just not an appealing thing then.
I don't know how much I am going to get used to wearing a hat though. I know I would not survive with a wig. The hat is hot enough! Come summer I am sure you will see me around town with no hat at all! As long as I am not in the sun, I just as soon go bald! I wore one of my cute new hats to church today and thank god the air was on! This chemo has me in either peri-menopause or menopause. Geezzz....
Round 2 of chemo ( I feel as though a boxing bell should go off every time I say "ROUND" Ha..is Wednesday. I don't mind actual chemo days, it the days following that suck! Friday is usually the low day as well as Saturday, so we will see this time how things go. I take advantage of my good days as much as possible!
Once again I want to thank all my friends and family for their love and support. It means so much to me. To open up the mailbox and find a card every day is just incredible! I have a box that I put them in and I know I will need to look at them soon to remind me that this is all worth going through.
Claire gets her tubes on Tuesday. We have to be at Riley at 8:00 am. It will be an early morning! Please keep Claire in your prayers that everything goes well. The thought of my baby going under makes me nervous. But I look forward to seeing how she does with her tubes. I know they will be a blessing.
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."
Blessings on your week my friends!

No comments: