Friday, March 20, 2009

Not a bad day yesterday. I got up and felt good so I arranged to have lunch with a couple of girlfriends while mom and dad watched Claire. Thank you Janet and Sharon and thank you mom and dad. Driving to my parents to pick Claire up, I suddenly felt tired. This irritated me! Got Claire and we both went home and took 2 hour naps. I still felt tired!
This whole process is upsetting. What should have been a beautiful day to be out walking, was marred by my tiredness. After dinner I called my friend Michelle. She is the only one who has been in my shoes. She received the same treatment etc... As soon as she said what is wrong, I started crying (yes, again!) and told her I didn't even know. But I did...I told her. I came to realize today that even when you say you are having a "good day," your good days aren't even that good. You still feel tired and worn out for no reason. And the more chemo my body receives, the more tired I will become. Dr O told me I would do things at half the speed I am used to. Half my butt! Ha! I feel like I am doing things a quarter of what I am used to.
I just feel this is going to be a hard summer. I can't be out in the sun or I will burn, yet I have to get Claire out and play with her. See, you can tell that I am a worrier. All these things to think about and consider.
I told Dennis last night to feel free to go up North this summer by himself to his class reunion because there was no way I would be able to handle the trip that far. 10-12 hours. This is just not the summer to plan ahead or to plan a long trip.
I keep telling myself that it is only one year out of my entire life. Even this is wearing thin and not really helping me.
I guess this is a whiny post. So here is to you my dear friend Cynthia who gave me permission to whine! Love ya!
I look forward to a Friday filled with laughter and fun with Jen, Mia, and Beth Anne.
Blessings!

1 comment:

sassy stephanie said...

It does get better! Promise! After six months of chemo treatments, plus the months prior where he was tired of being tired all the time, my hubs said he is finally feeling a lift in his energy. Still not back to 100% but def on the up swing! Hang in there girl! Take it one day at a time. Praying for you guys!