Sunday, March 22, 2009

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. We had a good day Friday. It was so nice to visit with our friends. Claire always has a blast at the Greenwood Park Mall playground. I cringed the whole time! I am like the commercial that shows the baby in the bubble! I am a germ-a-phobe. Especially now when I have to be so careful! Anyway, I think she enjoyed going up to the adults more than the children! Thanks to the Accinellis for meeting us!
Saturday morning I woke up with a throbbing ear ache! I went to Urgent Care and have an ear infection in my left ear. Dr Hartung gave me an anti biotic. It has been draining, but I still cannot hear out of it! It sucks to be me! Ha! I am just so susceptible to anything and everything right now. But I am not going to live in a bubble!
Went to church today and and pretty much relaxed the rest of the day. Baby Connor and Mike and Nikki and Gabe came to visit. Then along came Brett, Katie, and Emily. Was nice to have a house full of friendly faces. I know next Sunday will definitely be a "day of rest."
Why are people so afraid to approach me when they see me? I encountered this today at WalMart from a classmate. It was so weird! I used to get this after Claire was born. Now it is me! I guess I could have said something, but I didn't either. Last Saturday I ran into another classmate who was kind enough to ask what was wrong and if he could pray for me. What a sweet man. Thank you Shannon. I think the majority of the reason is that people don't want to upset me. Let me see, I have cancer....do you really think I could get anymore upset! Ha! Knew I should've gotten a wig! Ha!
Tomorrow is the last day before Claire goes back to school on Tuesday. I have truly enjoyed having her home with me all week. She has always had such a funny personality, but now that she has tubes in her ears, she never shuts up! And believe me, when mom can't hear out of one ear, it is magnified the sounds that she is making! Ha!
Round # 3 (DING) is Wednesday. Can't wait!
Blessings on your week!

No comments: