Friday, March 6, 2009

The head shaving party was a success and a blast! Brett(my niece's beau) had his shaved the night before. Dennis went first and then I went last. It was alot of fun. Thank you for everyone coming out to support me. And for those that were with me in spirit as well.
I only cried 2x! The first time was after everyone stood in a circle and held hands and my sister said a prayer. The second was when my friend Michelle hugged me good bye. She went through exactly what I am going through a couple years ago. It is so comforting to know that there are others out there that have been there, done that and are survivors!
I did have an issue with sleeping last night. Of course I had 2 giant caffeinated pops yesterday. I have not had that much caffeine in a long time. Also, we have flannel sheets. My head was like velcro on the pillow case! I had to switch it out!
Looks like it will be a decent weekend. I need to go out and buy some short sleeved t-shirts. Since I have lost the weight, I don't have any that fit very well. That is OK, not complaining there.
Enjoy your weekend and many blessings and peace!

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh Mary, I bet your head would be itchy on those sheets.

I just saw on Fic that you live in or near Louisville, Ky. I was actually going to be there this month, but have to cancel because of other plans. I am going to try and be that way in July. In you feel up to it, maybe we can meet for lunch. I have a friend there whom I just got into contact with again after three years. She has a progressive disease that she is dealing with. I'm hoping to go have a cheer fest with her!

WheresMyAngels said...

ok, maybe you don't live there, just saw you have a different addy on your profile.