Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed bringing in the new year. Considering we were in bed by 9:30, I suppose we did! I just cannot stay up until midnight anymore.
Yesterday we spent a nice day over in Bloomington at my brother Tony's house with his wife Beth and family and friends.
Today we are having a stay in jam-jam day. It is nice not to have to do anything in particular.
My parents passed on a book they read called,"The Shack." I started reading it and got to a point where I thought it was getting too deep and thought I would get confused about what was going on. I read on and found an interesting part of the book that really I connected with. I won't go into details, but at one point, the main character is told that we humans are the ones who decided what is good and evil in our lives. I thought about my cancer. Some people would consider this evil. I call the things in my life that could be considered evil to some, blessings in disguise. If I had not gotten that kidney stone, they would not have found my cancer. And who really knows how long I have had it?
My kidney stone was a blessing in disguise and so is my cancer. Some days it is hard not to think about what will happen if I am not strong enough to get through it. But then I think that God gave this kidney stone (a.k.a Blessing in disguise) to let me know about the cancer and that he knows I am strong and will overcome it.
Many, many blessings for your new year!

3 comments:

Rooster said...

Great photos of Claire! Her spunky personality shines through in them.

Beth Schultz said...

Thank you for going with Taylor, Katie and I today to Columbus. It is such a blessing to share times with my teenage daughters and you. How enjoyable it was when we all got to laughing. It was also nice to get out of the house after being sick for almost a week!
Your comment about the book got me to thinking about when the hairdresser in the salon thought we were weird for laughing about your cancer instead of crying...isn't it funny how it is so hard sometimes to see things as "blessings" instead of "curses"? I think with cancer it is just one of those things that usually once you have gone through it, either personally or with someone else, that it changes your way of thinking. I think God hopes for your way of thinking to change. That is part of the journey when you go through something like this.
I know not everyone can think that way even if they have experienced it, but what a shame. They are using their energy in a negative way when they look at cancer as a "death sentence"!
Bless you for your attitude and let's hope we can get that Lymphoma Support Group up and running soon! (We will do that before the book we are going to write-LOL!)
Love ya sissy!

WheresMyAngels said...

Mary, I didn't realize that it was a Kidney stone that led to them finding the cancer.

Happy New Year! May you be kicking cancer out of it soon!