Friday, January 9, 2009

It is taking me a few days for all of this to sink in! The closer I get to answers, the more scared I am because I know this is reality for me. I have CANCER! I have my Cancer Sucks T-shirt and wrist band I wear. Well, my t-shirt shrunk up alittle bit too much! But my wrist band fits just fine! I am still having stomach issues. I look forward to the day when I can fit into anything but sweats! I think that may be awhile.

Dennis got to go to the IU/MI game the other night and I was so happy for him. He so deserved the break and to see his favorite team (MI) play and win. Sorry IU fans! I know this is hard on him and tiring. I still cannot pick Claire up and it drives me nuts! I still can chase her though! Dennis is making me learn to relax. He said he has tried for 7 years. He affectionately calls me the "hurricane." I feel like I am being lazy, but know that it is for my own health and good.

I also want to thank my family who we could never get through this without. They have been such a good support system and good at watching Claire when need be.

I received the most awesome card today. They are hand made by a group of women who support other women going through cancer. My name was given by a friend of mine (Gayla) who I know through an online DS support group. Their motto is:"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." anonymous. I am going to post the website. It is: cardsbyamysangels.blogspot.com. It was started by a group of women who had a friend DX with breast cancer. She is now cancer free! Thank God! But she felt that the cards and letters that she recd while going through this journey from other people helped her. Believe you me, I cried. Overwhelming for me, as I always say, to know that people that don't even know my family is praying for us!
Blessings on your weekend!

No comments: