Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frustration has set in! I am waiting to hear from the surgeon's nurse as to what we need to do. Dennis and I were going to go spend the night up in Indy so that we didn't have to hurry and get up so early here. The weather is horrible! I called and let Dr Rager's assistant know that there was no way we could make it up there. I am more than willing to have my scan done in Seymour. So now I will wait to see what is what. I am frustrated because I was going to be able to get my scan done and see Dr Rager all in the same day, now this will not happen.
I also called the onco nurse. I did tell her she could call me tomorrow if she needed to. Anxious to see if Harvard is finished with my biopsy.
Hopefully we will be getting calls today! I would not wish this pain on my worst enemy!
Peace

2 comments:

Beth Schultz said...

God love you! You have been so patient. Much more patient than most people would be. Your inspiring ways and your strong faith has been shining through. BUT, I know you are at the end of your rope. I pray for strength, physical and mental and for peace within you to remind yourself everyday that God's hand is in this and you WILL BE taken care of!
Snow or ice, I may have to come get a hold of that Claire since I won't be spending the night with her now:)
I need to give my sister a hug too!
Love ya sissy!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary
Your blog has really touched my heart. I am not sure how I stumbled upon it, probably indirectly thru Babycenter. Your faith in the midst of this has been really inspiring to me. I am a believer too, and your example has meant a lot to me.
Sometimes a word offered from someone outside of your circumstances can help, even a little, so after searching briefly thru my Bible I will offer a couple words:
"The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men; from His dwelling place He looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, He who fashions the hearts of them all, He who understands all their works. The king is not saved by a mighty army; a warrior is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a false hope for victory; nor does it deliver anyone by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope for His lovingkindness, to deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield, for our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name." Psalm 33:13-21
And also:
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:18,19

The Lord sees all, and He sees you, Mary, and knows your joys and your sufferings. When I have been in situations where words failed, I knew the cry of my heart went straight to His throne-room. I believe we are supposed to look to medicine for help with our health and that the medical field does great things, but we know Who ultimately decides the victory!

My prayers are with you, and you are not alone...read Hebrews 12...
Holly