Sunday, January 18, 2009

Well, tomorrow is Monday and a start of a new week! Claire is getting over an ear infection. Last week with school was a wash. She only went one day. Between the delays and her being sick. I am hoping this week is a full week (Tues-Fri) for her. We go to Riley in March for an ENT appt. Looks like she is going to have to have tubes. This is fine with me. We go next month for her opthamology appt. Gotta love Riley!(sigh)

I had a good weekend. Went out shopping with my friends Janet and Sharon. Thanks for the laughs and wonderful lunch! I had to eat my half of the cheesecake in small bites and not in one sitting, very rich and very good. I seem to be getting my appetite back. I will have to watch that so that I can keep the 15 pounds that I lost recently off. Ideally I would like to lose more before they decide on radiation as an option as far as treatment. If you loose too much during radiation(which is common) they have to recalculate the doses and I guess aren't very happy campers about that!

Good news as well! I got into a pair of my dress pants for church today! I know, I know, finally out of the sweats! It felt good to be going to church looking decent. This being said, back to sweats for the week for this stay at home mom! tee-hee!

Went over and visited Baby Connor tonight. I got to hold him and feed him. He is just too cute! I started to get all teary eyed because I do miss Claire being that small. She is slowly getting out of the cuddling stage. Ms Independent! Then walk darn it! Ha! God love her! Sometimes it is just hard for me to understand that if she is so highly cognitive, why she won't walk. I know, I know, different part of the brain as Kathy would tell me! By the way, I do have to give a big thank you to our former Physical Therapist, Kathy Sunbury. We miss her so much! Claire really did look forward to "playing" with you. You not only taught Claire so much, but you taught me alot about Claire too. Thank you for that! You will be forever part of our family and our hearts!

I am hoping to hear from the onco this week. Surely Harvard understand who I am! Ha! Not like they are looking at others!

I hope you all have a blessed week. Don't forget to pray for those that have lost their jobs, those that are homeless and have no shelter, and even those that struggle to keep warm and keep food on the table for their families. This is a tough world we are living in right now. But pray that they will know that the Lord will provide. All you have to do is ask.( I am still waiting on that new laptop computer...ha!) No, seriously! His will be done.

On a side note, I know some of you think I am nuts, but you have to understand my sense of humor. Just ask my husband or sister what I said to the onco. I am too embarrassed to repeat it! Let's just say his face was as red as mine!

Take care, keep warm and safe!

No comments: