Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why do we have days where we feel sorry for ourselves? I know it is a waste of time and energy, but it just still happens. I guess we all do it. I am so tired of feeling ugly. I am sick of not having hair. During this entire journey, I haven't really cared much. My mantra was,"it is all about my health, not my hair." But now I am sick of not having hair. My hair has not fallen out, but I think it has stopped growing. I am not used to seeing myself 40 pounds lighter and I feel like I look sick. Not that I was happy 40 pounds heavier! I just feel like I look like a cancer patient...oh ya, I am! It is amazing the people that stop me and ask me if I have cancer. They usually have loved ones going through it or have gone through it. I can't blame them. After Claire was born, anytime I ran into parents with a child with Down syndrome, I would stop them and talk to them. Freaked a woman out one day in Target! Ooops! I think the parents of the older children appreciate it and always offer what they have experienced raising a special needs child.
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I have a funeral on Saturday. We are going to try and go to Central Christians One Night One Light concert. Looks like rain is possible, so we will see.
Lunch tomorrow with a couple of friends I use to do casework with at Batar. yum!
Blessings for a great weekend!

No comments: