Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another crappy week....where has the week gone? I spend my "crappy" weeks in bed so much that I totally lose track of the days and time. I have to say I have had alittle bit more energy this week it seems like than in the past. I try to be able to spend some time with Claire and Dennis even on my crappy weeks. Even knowing I have one more treatment left, it does not make these weeks any easier. In fact, I don't think what Dr O told me Monday has even sunk in. I think once I know I don't have to have anymore treatments it will hit me. The thing is, I am still going to be going into the Cancer center once a month to have my port flushed. I asked the nurse the other day if they prefer cakes, cookies, or fruit tray. Here I was going to be healthy and bring in a fruit tray my last treatment. I was told cookies. I decided to get a ribbon cookie cutter and make my famous rolled out sugar cookies with that. I will frost them in lime green the awareness color for lymphoma.
Beth, my sister, meets with a rep from the Leukemia/Lymphoma society tomorrow. We are starting a support group here in Seymour. So if you know anyone who has been affected in any way by either one of these diseases, please have them contact me. We would love for them to join us. We are not sure when we are starting the group. We need to get specifics, etc...from the society. But we will be meeting in the Cancer center once a month.
Blessings on your week!

No comments: