Monday, August 31, 2009

I am sitting in the chemo lounge receiving my last treatment. I arrived to my sister bringing me flowers and a card! I had baked cookies in the shape of ribbons and Beth Anne tinted the frosting lime green. And then, Jan's sister Robin brought in a ribbon shaped cake and balloons! What a nice surprise! Thank you Jan and Robin.I think the nurses like it too! It really is bittersweet with alot of emotions. Happy that it is the last treatment. But I also know that it is still a long road ahead with port flushes every month, follow up visits every 3-4 months, and scans every 6 months. But I am ready to get these toxins out of my body!!

The weekend was OK. Friday I had lunch with my friends Becky and Linda. We started out at Batar, but they were closed for vacation. Drats too! I had my heart set on the chicken salad plate. So we went ahead and had lunch at the Kensignton Tea Room. Always good food there. Thank you ladies for the cards, the gifts and the blessing of friendship.

Friday night we all started to feel a little yucky. Sinus's and allergies got the best of us. Saturday we did very little. We wanted to attend Central Christians One Night One Light concert, but figured with allergies and it being outside, not the best thing to do.

Sunday I went to mass while Claire and Dennis stayed home. This was pretty much our weekend.

Not looking forward to the week, but at least I know this is my last week to hopefully feel this way.

Blessings to everyone!

No comments: