Monday, August 24, 2009

I found this poem on the interenet. Love it!
I was given a gift,wrapped shabbily, it was non-returnable,non-refundable!Reluctantly I accepted it.
In it I found courage I never knew existed and a patience far beyond anything ever experienced.I was given the ability to trust a stranger with that most dear to me, and an endurance for the unknown.I was given unconditional love of family and friends,always there, never stopping, never faltering.I was given many prayers from far and wide,and the warmth of knowing I am truly cared about.I was given a fond farewell of my modesty and vanity,and the acceptance and love of an imperfect body.I was given a strong shoulder to lean on when that shoulder had once grown distant,and laughter and good times, more special than ever before.I was given many new friends,wonderful, courageous women I am so very proud to know.I was given warm sunshine and beautiful green grass,blue skies, and sparkling city lights.I was given things to see,that once before were ignored.I was given the chance to wake up,instead of sleepwalking through life.I was given every glorious day to enjoy,every month to savor, every year to rejoice.I was given the gift of life,I was given lymphoma.

No comments: