Monday, July 6, 2009

Today was my 7th treatment and I am half way through! I went in at 9 and thought I didn't have to give blood this time or see Dr O. Wrong! I had to do both. So I gave blood and just hung around until I had to see Dr O. Thank you Dennis for my laptop. All my counts looked good except for my potassium and it was not dangerously low. I talked them into giving me the liquid form. I could have cut the others in half, but I would rather take the liquid. Dr O was very optimistic about my counts. She mentioned again that she did not want to do a cat scan since the last one I had in the hospital( after the 5th treatment) showed the nodes had shrunk then. I told her it is really taking a toll on my body this time. We agreed with the surgery that it was just going to be that way until the end. I told her I know, I need to "get over it!" She had her 14 year old daughter there with her today. It was funny. She was in the room with us and most of the time she was looking at her fingernails! You could tell she was interested....NOT! Cute kid though and polite. So Dr O is getting ready to go on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Poor thing is headed to France where her mother lives. Just so happens the Tour De France passes her moms house. So next time I go in, as long as my counts look good, the nurses can treat me. Once again she emphasis that she wants me to maintain my weight and not lose anymore. I promised I would and after chemo I am losing more! Though I cannot tell you the last time I weighed this!
I just need to thank everyone again. We so appreciate the food, the cards, and the company you have given us. It means so much to us.
I did find out today that a friends father has a tumor that has grown. They can no longer treat him in Seymour and he is going back up to his DR at IU med. Hopefully there are clinical studies or something else they can do for him. I hated it because I was there getting treatment when they got the news and it broke my heart. So please lift up a prayer for him and his family. I pray God gives them the strength and peace they need to face this new journey they are on.
Blessings to you all!

No comments: