Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The five stages of grief:

Today I am angry. I think I skip around them alot. I got past denial quickly. I don't even know if I went through this stage because I knew I had cancer. I also don't recall the bargaining stage. I am not very good at that so I am sure I skipped that too! Anger, depression, and acceptance seem to be the ones I go back and forth on.

I am angry today because I feel my body is letting me down. I feel it should be here for strength and I am not feeling strong today. I am feeling very weak and tired and just cannot stand to sit on the toilet anymore! And even though I am angry today, I have also accepted that this is the way it is going to be the remainder of my treatments. I am sorry, but anyone who has cancer or had cancer, and said it did not affect them emotionally is in major DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot help but think every day when I wake up that I have a life threatening disease inside my body. And while I know the chemo is helping fight that disease, it is hard because chemo messes with your good cells and your bad cells.

I am angry because I feel bad that my husband feels he should be able to help me and he feels helpless. Cancer is so unfair to everyone involved. Please pray for those going through this horrible, horrible disease. And take a minute to think about what stages of grief that you would go through.

Blessings!





Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Anger (why is this happening to me?)
Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
Depression (I don't care anymore)
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

No comments: