Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well here I am again - and as most of you know, if I am making the blog entry that means that Mary is not available. Around 9:00 PM last night Mary had another one of her bouts with stomach pains, this one much more painful. Sissy came over and off the the ER, I stayed home with Claire who was already asleep for the night. Initial reaction was most likely an issue with Mary's appendix. After two CT scans last night she was admitted to the hospital. She has a mass about the size of a racquetball in her lower right abdomen that could be something with her appendix, a complication around her lower intestine from the chemo treatment, a piece of one of her lymph nodes being treated by the chemo that has become infected, etc. Her white blood cell count was also high, most likely meaning that somewhere in her body there is an infected area. She is being prepped for possible surgery tomorrow. She must cleanse her digestive track, can you say Super Ex-Lax. She has also been put on IV anti-biotic. They will check her blood count and symptoms tomorrow AM to determine if they need to do the surgery. If surgery is needed they will try to remove/determine the mass laproscopic. If necessary they will have to do a full incision. Surgery will definitely put a delay on the remainder of Mary's scheduled chemo treatments. On a positive note, the CT scan showed that the lymph nodes in question from February show a reduction in size, which should tell us that the chemo is having some effect on the bad tissues.

Please keep Mary in your thoughts for a quick recovery and resolution to this latest issue.

1 comment:

dmanyooper said...

inflamation is the word I was looking for earlier, when I stated mass in her lower ab. For the life of me I couldn't remember the word the Dr's. had used when I was writing the post. I guess that's why I went into computers instead of journalism.