Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I went to the Look Good, Feel Better program last night at the Cancer Center. It is put on by the American Cancer Society. They give you tips on how to apply your make up and if you have a wig, they help you place that too. Out of the four women there, I was the only one who did not have a wig. I just can't seem to wrap the thought of wearing a wig around my little head...literally! The make-up is great that they give you. None of it is the same brand, but they gave us some Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Aveeda, Estee Lauder, Clinque. It is all donated to them as well. I am stashing some of mine away. When you are done with chemo you are suppose to throw out the make-up you wore during your treatment. So I will be wearing make-up everyday now! I would have a hard time parting with my Mary Kay! It was fun to see Molly and Jan again. I was the only one in the room who didn't have breast cancer. Odd woman out. I don't ever do anything normal it seems!

I actually was able to go to bed last night and get all my prayers in. Seems lately I have been falling asleep during my prayers. And believe me it is not the present company. This tells me I need to pray at a different time of day!

Why is it when we put our faith and trust in the Lord, that we still stress and worry over certain things? There is a situation in my life right now that I have to trust the Lord that he will get me through it, be the results good or bad, and I am still leery of what is going to happen. I am conflicted because that tells me that I do not trust him. Oi! So much to think about!

One of the women at this function last night was so cute! She was older and had just been married 4 months. I cannot, for the life of me, remember when she was diagnosed. But her husband told her he would love her without any teeth, without any breasts, and without any hair! I just thought that was touching, Especially being newlyweds. I know that I am so blessed to have Dennis who is there for me no matter what. He is also good at helping me shed some tears when I need to. It just means the world to me to have the support of my family and friends....so thank you!

Hoping for more sunshine this week! Sometimes I don't mind the rain and other times it really puts me in a blah mood!

Blessings this week!

2 comments:

one_plustwins said...

Mary, I am in awe of you. Your love for Dennis, Claire, and God is so apparent. I cannot fathom all you are dealing with right now, but please know this. I care. I love reading your blog entries, seeing your progress, feeling your love. God bless you babe. In time this chapter will close, your hair will come back, your body will heal, your love for Dennis will grow and your faith in God will be deeper than before.

The Simple Life ~ Juvi style said...

Amen to one_plustwins! Your faith will grow deeper. And I also fall asleep most nights while praying and then wake up still praying, but Mary, what a way to fall asleep....in your Savior's arms. I heard this once and I believe it's true. When we pray, we just climb up into his arms and as he's holding us, we are so comfortable we just fall asleep. He knows what we're praying for anyway, before we ask for it. I will keep praying for you. God loves you so very much, and so do I.