Thursday, April 16, 2009

This week has been pretty good. Have had some more stomach issues, so I have been "fasting" ha! Looking forward to busy weekend. Friday night I am having a date with my husband. Looking forward to that and a good meal! Saturday we have a birthday party to attend. This is for a young man with Ds who is turning 23. This couple that has custody of him surely have a place in heaven already! I may have mentioned this before. This couple their first baby last May. At the same time, this man's father was dying. His stepbrother who has Ds was living with their father who was dying. Sean and Gretchen took Justin in to their home and hearts with no questions asked. Justin as adjusted well and loves his family. I just think it is so awesome that God has a way of showing his love through people such as this couple. Who knows where Justin would be today without them. Ok, ok, I am partial because he has Ds! But to take any child or adult with SN in and not even blink an eye says alot for their love and character.

Thank you Beth Anne for giving me a morning in Columbus by myself. I don't seem to have as much get up and go as I used to. A few stores and I am ready to go! Thank you Connie Gerth for the gift you sent as well. We really appreciated it.

Getting ready to go for my annual exam to the DR today. Ugh! So tired of scans, exams, and the likes of it all! We took Claire Monday for her follow up for her tubes and all looked good. I even got to look inside her ears and see the tubes. And nothing against Riley, I love them and we have never had anything but good from them, but I am sick of driving 2 hours on the road and spending maybe 20 minutes seeing the Dr! It is crazy I tell ya!
Blesings on your week and stay dry!

No comments: