Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thank you Becky and Linda for an enjoyable lunch at the Kensington Tea Room yesterday, and for the soap too! I was thinking Becky, did she charge you for your carrot cake! Hmmm...or did you steal it? Ha! Lunch was very good and I look forward to doing it again.
Today I had treatment #4. Things went well and on time. I went straight to the chemo lounge and didn't have to see Dr O. This does save time. I see her every other treatment now. Go back tomorrow to get my Nuelasta shot. Weird thing, I was standing outside talking to my sister and all of the sudden my face felt like it was on fire!! I went back in and they gave me some Benadryl. They said it was a reaction to the steroid. I just didn't want to get home and my face be swollen with a 3 year old! So mom and dad fed Claire lunch and Beth went and got her for the rest of the afternoon. I was out for 3 hours cold! Woke up and had to figure out where I was and where Claire was! Whew! That was the first time I took Benadryl, but now I know how people say it makes you feel.
Dennis is with Claire at her horse back riding lesson tonight. I just did not have the energy to go. I am losing my appetite early this round. Nothing sounds good. I hate that because I try and make myself eat just for the energy.
So we will see what the rest of the weekend brings. I am going to try and get enough rest to enjoy an Easter meal.
Please take the time to reflect on this time of year and think about what Jesus went through for us. It is ironic I started chemo on Ash Wednesday and am having a rough weekend ahead for Easter. I will definitely think of what Jesus did for us and not complain!
Blessings!

No comments: