Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wow! What a wonderful day to attend Trey Hohnstrieter's fundraiser. The weather was absolutely wonderful! Claire had a fun time too. Cousin Katie took her in the bouncey house and she loved it. We also knew that there would be pony rides, but much to our surprise, it was Ginger, the horse that Claire rides every week at Reins to Recovery. Calli the director and Judy's sister(the host) Pam ( who volunteers at R to R) was there. Needless to say, Claire rode Ginger several times! She never wanted to get off. She also has fun on this small plastic play station with a ladder and slide. She wasn't that keen on the slide, but had fun on the ladder going up and down. I commented to Dennis that we were going to have a back yard full play toys next summer weren't we.
It was just really a blessing to be surrounded by survivors too. My good friend Michelle was there. It was so good to talk to her about how she felt after chemo. I told her it is hard. I still don't have my energy and I feel lazy so often. But I have also learned what is most important too. This was a stretch for me. I was always up and going and doing something and kept my house tidy. Not so much anymore. I am sure it will come back though. Give me a good 6 months!
Please lift those up in prayers who are dealing with this horrible disease called cancer.
Blessings to everyone!

No comments: