Monday, September 21, 2009

The weekend was good. Saturday we went to the International Dinner at St Ambrose. There was so much food and I left there stuffed! My favorite, believe it or not, was the egg rolls and fried rice our Vietnamese friends made. When they first came to the United States, we spent alot of time with them. Grandma used to make the best garlic chicken! The fried rice was good because it was not greasy like you get in the restaurant.
Sunday Dennis stayed home with Claire. She hadn't been feeling the best and we thought it was best to keep her home. Sunday we had our family get together. Dennis and I wanted to thank the family for helping us so much this year. It was a good time despite the bad weather.
Today I took Claire to the doctors office. He said she has a lower respiratory infection. We have to give her an antibiotic, a decongestant and breathing treatments. He said to keep her home from school this week. Because of the Down syndrome, her immune system is compromised and her nasal passages are smaller, making it hard for her to breathe. She is a trooper though and is really her silly self. We slept in the recliner last night and this afternoon. We need to elevate her mattress for her.
Dennis let me open my birthday present early and it was a SNUGGIE! I love it! I used it last night and actually got too warm sleeping in the recliner!
I hope Claire feels better by the weekend. Dennis and I are going to Chicago for one of his board meetings. Claire is spending the weekend with Beth and Mark.
Blessings on your week!

No comments: