Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Enjoying the weather and thinking about our neighbor Barb. She just had a mascetomy. Last time we spoke she was going to try and have a double one. They weren't sure if Medicare would pay for both. She thought if they could prove that breast cancer ran in the family, (her daughter had it 10 years ago) they would. I don't want to go visit or bother her right now because I know she needs the rest. Maybe this weekend I will drop something off for them. It just really upsets me that she has to go through all of this. And I know I can't save the world from cancer, but having gone through it all, it is just upsetting. I remember sitting with my sister in law Beth in our living room. I started crying and just kept saying, " I am scared. I am so scared." Boy did I have good reason to be! Ha!
Cancer has changed me for the rest of my life. Mostly good, some probably bad. I think I am alittle more cynical than I used to be. I question anything a doctor tells me to be on the safe side.
It is funny how so many people remember their diagnosis date. It took then so long to diagnose me that all I know is the surgeon called and Claire and I were home alone. I do know I began chemo on Feb. 25th and ended on Aug. 31st.
It used to drive me absolutely nuts when people told me I was brave. Now, being done with chemo and looking back. I was brave. We are all brave that are battling this horrible disease.
Enjoy the week and don't eat too many apple dumplings! yum!
Blessings!

No comments: