Monday, September 28, 2009

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We had a good weekend away. We got to the hotel alittle later than we wanted to, but that was OK. We weren't really in any hurry to get there. The rest of the group was heading out to dinner when we got there. We decided to just stay there and eat in the hotel restaurant.
Saturday a.m. I got up and ventured out. I found a Marshall's dept store. I was in heaven. The best part of it, I could get into a size 10! I tried to go back and rest, but didn't nap for long. I had rented some DVD's to watch. I tried to watch "he's just not that into you." I thought it was boring, so I put in "confessions of a shop-a-holic." Now that was a good movie! Saturday night we had planned to go to Carlucci's. It is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. But they were closed for a private party. I chose another restaurant and it was not very good. One woman we were with could not even eat her dinner. She thought her ravioli was spoiled. We decided not to call this my birthday dinner! Sunday on the way home we did meet some friends for brunch. It was so good. We sat for over 2 hours chatting. They offered to have us stay with them anytime we want to come up and go shopping, etc... They are both from Chicago and know their way around town. Thinking may have to plan a holiday shopping weekend.
Looking forward to Oktoberfest this weekend. Everyone enjoy their week!
Blessings!

No comments: