Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, I still do not know if I am suppose to go get my ultrasound at the hospital here in town Monday, or if I am going to wait and get it at Clarian West Thursday. But, I do have an appt Wednesday to get the port put in. I am nervous about this only because I hate anesthesia or I should say my body does not like it. I get very sick.
I was so blessed last night to have dinner with someone who I feel I can truly call friend. She had lymphoma a couple years ago and had the same chemo regimen that I am going to have. She gave me some really good advice. I am not trying to be negative, but I am expecting the worse with hopes of things being better. It was so nice to have met Michelle. She is going to be a great source of strength and support. I may have to give her a pager! Ha! She has already told me to call her whenever I need to no matter what.
Thank you Lisa for the beautiful journal and the book which I cannot wait to read with a box of tissues! Also for dinner. It tasted really good. My appetite is very limited these days and not always the best.
Claire has her Valentine Days party tomorrow at school. We have officially made it through a full week of school! I baked cookies and decorated them, they are really cute! I am sure she will have a great time.
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Peace

1 comment:

Angi Meyer said...

Hi Mary: I found out about your blog thru Betsy. When she told me about your cancer, I think my heart stopped. I am praying for you and sending lots of love your way. My two best friends are battling liver and breast cancer. They have both made it thru surgeries and chemo and I know you will too. People who have/had cancer are the strongest most amazing people I have known and are an inspiration to others (whether they realize it or not, and whether they want to be or not). I think about you and Claire alot-you both touched my heart forever. Angi Meyer