Thursday, February 19, 2009

My surgery went well. The hospital staff was very accommodating and took really good care of me. Anyone who can stop me from nausea with the anesthesia are angels in my eyes. Dr Schultz was great as well. Of course before hand I had to hear about the complications. One being a collapsed lung! Ugh! He told us he had done thousands of these and never once had to deal with that. My first thought was, "oh boy, there is always a first!" In fact, one of the first things I said when I came to was,"at least my lung did not collapse!" Those nurses probably thought that was the goofiest thing to say. But given my condition. They were so great with the meds and kept me pretty much from throwing up all but once. I felt good coming home. I went right to bed and slept until about 2:30. I got up and ate some crackers and water and read the paper, etc... I did go back to bed until Claire Bear woke up around 6:30. Once again the hardest thing to do is not pick her up for a few days.
I am really sore, but can tolerate taking Tylenol. He prescribed the same thing Dr Rager did and I hate those pain meds! They are pure evil! I do not handle them well.
Tomorrow I get my hair cut for the last time for awhile. My nieces boyfriend is going to shave his head when I shave mine. He keeps saying he needs a hair cut. I am guessing it will be either between or after my second round of chemo before I lose mine.
Saturday Dennis and I are going to have a lunch date. We are going to Columbus for lunch and then see an exhibit by Brandon Boas. Brandon is a young adult with Down syndrome who does wonderful photography. We bought a print for my sister in law for Christmas and she really liked it.
Tonight I am going to try and meet some women I used to do case work with. One of them still works for CPS. God bless her! I did casework for 3 years and that was enough stress for me!
Thank you for all the calls and cards and especially the prayers. I could not get through this without the prayers especially.
Blessings to all of you!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So relieved you're feeling better this time after anesthesia. Hope you enjoy your upcoming meals with husband and friends. Many well wishes and prayers!

Nicki McFadden said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad that didn't get so sick this time!