Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I went for my ultrasound and the tech said my gallbladder looked fine. She did tell me about another test that they can do that will let them know at what percentage your gallbladder is functioning. It does not sound like a fun test, but at this point, I am building up a very high tolerance for pain! Christie, this is the test you had done too. So, I called my surgeon and her assistant set it up for next Thursday at Clarion.... NOT! I told her that was the day after my first chemo treatment and I had no idea how I would be feeling. I put chemo off a week, I am not doing it again. I want to get it started and get into some kind of routine. Everyone I know who has had it, says you learn the days after chemo, that are going to be the hardest and the ones that will be a bit easier. Mentally I just need to get started.

I get my port put in tomorrow. I dread it! I hate the anesthesia! I will have to tell them that we are not the best of friends. This way they can give me all the meds they need to keep me from getting sick. Guess I need to reschedule my hair appt huh? Ha!

Had a great time with the gals last night at Tumbleweeds. I am going to frame the group photo so I will have something cheerful to look at when I am feeling like crap. Thank you for all coming out and supporting me. It means alot to me. You are all my rock and inspiration.

So this is all I know. I am still having stomach issues and really have to watch everything I eat. Please say an extra prayer for me and Dr Schultz who will be doing my surgery tomorrow.

Peace!

1 comment:

Beth Schultz said...

So glad you are ready to get going. It has been such a long haul for you (and your sister-ha!)
I told someone at work that I will be a certified transporter now after I get the carseat for my car. Gosh, it's been a long time since I have had a carseat in my car. Considering Katie just turned 15!
I had a great time last night with your friends. I laid in bed and thought about how blessed you are to have such wonderful friends. Last night was a blessing for all of us to spend time with you.
Thought I would let you know that my wonderful hairdresser fit me in for a trim before our photo shoot with Tammy on Sunday-thank you Dana! God, I love hairdressers-ha!
Speaking of, don't think you will make your hair appt tomorrow night you crazy woman-considering who is doing your port surgery you may not be home by dinner! That's a compliment to the surgeon-take your time.
You are such an inspiration to me Mary! It's probably the first time in my life that I have looked at our relationship and realized just how close we are. Thank you God for blessing me with a wonderful sister and friend!
Take care today and I will get the carseat from you this evening.
Love ya!
Sissy