Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today I had my first round of chemo. Very interesting day. Of course we did not get started on time. My sister Beth went with me. We spent the first 45 minutes waiting on the DR., then we spent another 45 minutes getting "educated" on side affects etc...it was actually a good session.

11:30 they started flushing my port. They just put saline solution it. I gave them a hard time and told them I was getting nauseous! Then I laughed and told them I was not a hypochondriac! They then gave me the anti nausea drugs. I then get 2 bags of treatment and 2 pushes of treatment. All I can say is I am thankful already that I have the port.

While I was there, there was a girl I went to school with. Actually I graduated with her brother and she was a year behind us. She has colon cancer. Kinda nice to have someone to chat with. I think the staff thought Beth and I were crazy. Ok, there was this doll that you could buy for a child. she has a wig, etc.... We all commented on how scary she was. The staff even agreed to that. Finally Sally Acton came out and moved it! I told them it better had not be back in there when I come back in two weeks!

So today I offered the day up to my chemo friends in Canada, Zach. And to Ms Ashlyn in Michigan. These are 2 kiddos I know with Down syndrome who have been through or battling cancer. They also give me inspiration! Love you too Sylvia and Nikki! You are great parents!

All in all it has been a good day. Dad gave me communion and my ashes for Ash Wednesday.

I will continue to blog as I feel up to it. Trying to make my list of invites for the head shaving party. Fr Todd, maybe you should bless the clippers! Ha! No better yet, bless the wine that the person clipping my hair is drinking! Ha! Ok, just a bit of humor! So if you get this blog and I dont have your email address for some reason. Please feel free to email me at mary.r.carlson@comcast.net if you would like to be invited.

Blessings on your week!

No comments: