Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So the saga never ends! I emailed Dr Rager last week to let her know that there was nothing on the CT-Scan that indicated a problem with my gallbladder. I was to go up and see her tomorrow. Her assistant called and told me that Dr Rager wanted an ultrasound done also. So....I am to go up next week and get an ultrasound done and then see Dr Rager. This means it pushes my chemo up to the next week. Ash Wednesday to be exact.

I have also decided to get a port put in. Every time I have chemo they are also going to have to draw blood. This is a 2 needle sticks a visit and it will wear on my veins if I don't do this. I requested to have Dr Schultz put it in. This really, really freaks me out! But I am blessed to have reconnected with a childhood friend who has just gone through all of this, including the same treatment protocol, the ABDV. He highly recommended it done. I wanted it done too before my first treatment.

I also want to thank everyone for their continued cards, calls, and prayers. We were so blessed a couple weeks ago to receive a wonderful gift. I wont say from who, because I don't want people knocking down their door, but an organization in town who does wonderful work for the National Cancer Research, sent us an unforgettable gift. It helped tremendously. It was so overwhelming to think that people that do not even know my family, can be so generous. There are good people out there. This just inspires me all the more to pay if forward. So thank you.

Blessings on your week

1 comment:

WheresMyAngels said...

I've been so bad. I haven't been here for a week.

Mary, you know my prayers are with you and the port would freak me out also, but like you said, it really is for the best because of your veins.

Glad you have connected with an old friend to help you thru this.