Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's been a long weekend. I am still sore and tired. I am taking less pain meds though and that is good. Trying to get more food down me, but still not alot tasting real good. I think I have eaten enough bananas though! Of all things, I know!
I am trying to get on to my emails once a day and check them. If you think about it, please hold all forwards for now. All I need to know is that you and your family is doing well. I am not comfortable sitting at the computer long enough to do forwards. I appreciate it!
Now I really know what moms of my mother's generation went through with their C-sections. Whew! At least last time I had surgery I was able to bring home a beautiful baby girl. This time will be an expensive hospital bill and sore tummy for awhile. What is wrong with this picture? Ha!
Not planning on blogging much this week unless I hear sooner from the DR. I get my hair cut Tuesday and am looking forward to that. Claire gets to meet and greet some of her friends Thursday at preschool. Beth Anne will take her for that. My hardest thing is trying not to laugh at Claire and what she does. She is so funny! Esp when she gets to dancing! It makes my stomach hurt more! But makes my heart happy!
Have a great week and enjoy your blessings

3 comments:

Barb said...

Talked with Dennis at church today. Ms. Claire must have been an angel during church because I did not hear a peep, but after mass she was walking down the aisle with her friend and she was just so "grown up"!!! Dennis looked tired, but good.

I am really sorry for all your pain. I know that not picking up Claire is going to be hard for a day - but 6 weeks? Maybe it is another step toward her independence. As far as the laughing, I have always heard that holding a pillow to your stomach when you laugh, cough, or sneeze will help ... sometime I will have to share a story about Steve's hernia surgery and how smoking in the hospital (back then allowed) is not good for anyone that has had surgery.

You know we are praying for you. Hang in there. I keep thinking of the night of the Relay for Life that we sat up in the stands and chatted. I definitely have added another person to walk for this year.

WheresMyAngels said...

Wish you were feeling better. I'll be looking for your update.

Prayers

Jan Gerth said...

It is Thursday and I know you have your appointment today, but just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and sending up a special prayer just for you and Dennis and all your family.