Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another somewhat disappointing visit with the DR., but I was not surprised. The pathology report was not back yet. What they could tell her and what they could see looking at the node, was that it was a type of lymphoma, but they could not tell just yet what type. And really, you have to understand folks that once you start getting into lymphomas and leukemia, these are not just easy cancers to detect and diagnose. I do thank God that all my blood work has been good and that it looks like there would be no chance of it being a leukemia either. So, we wait again.

She did say that she knew enough to go ahead and set me up an appt with an oncologist at IU med who specializes in lymphomas. She set me up with the one my sister saw. We go in January 12th. I have no doubt the minute the report comes to her desk that she will call and at least let us know the diagnosis. Our new saying is,"It is what it is."

The reason for not being surprised was because when my sister spoke with her on Monday and there was no report, and her telling us several times that the lymph node bios are always longer, I had this gut feeling all along. But she did have to check my incision etc...
On a side note, Claire went to preschool today to meet and greet her classmates. Mom and Beth took her and sounds like she had an absolute blast! I cannot wait for her to start in January.

I just ask for you to continue to lift our family up in prayer. Not just ours' but those too that have lost a loved one this year. This time of year can be hard on many families. I know it will be on that we will never forget.
I ask that you esp lift my cousin Missy up in prayer as she goes to be with our heavenly Father. It is hard when you have faith and trust in the Lord to not accept that this is his plan, but it is. He knows our souls better than anyone else. He knows that the family would not like to see Missy suffer and not have the quality of life that she so deserves. Please pray for her husband and 2 very young boys that no matter how long it takes, he will accept this plan for him and his family and understand that it is through his faithfulness in the Lord that he will get through this.
Also for my friend Michelle Koester who will under go surgery for something they found on her scan the other day. She has come so far surviving lymphoma and thyroid cancer.
Peace

No comments: