Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a blessed Merry Christmas. This year has proven to be one of surprise and challenge. The good has definitely outweighed the bad.
We have been blessed another year to have my parents in our lives. I love you so much mom and dad! Another year of getting used to my older brother Tony and his wife Beth near by in Bloomington. My other brother Mike and his wife Nikki expecting a baby any day now! And of course, my soul mate sister Beth Anne who I can really laugh and cry with about my cancer. I certainly cannot thank Dennis enough or tell him how much I love him and appreciate all that he has done. There are not enough words! All my friends and my faith community, esp the Rosary society out at St Joes. Keep those prayers a comin'.
The hard part of the year for me was losing my Aunt Dot. Her and I had a connection like I have never experienced. Maybe it was her faith in the Lord that made me migrate towards her. She always was there to say a kind word and to tell you that it was going to be OK. She was, and still is a special lady. I know Cheri that she is holding onto Missy hand, guiding her up where she belongs. What a wonderful journey that must be! It saddens me to lose Missy. But the circle of life is certainly in our family. With Mike and Nikki expecting Baby Connor James.
It goes without saying my diagnosis has been a kick in the butt for me of course. The other night my sister took me to get my hair cut(I still cannot drive) and we were laughing with Erin about cancer,etc... the hair dresser at the next station did not understand why we weren't crying and upset. Ok, now of course we have cried and of course we are upset, but hell, life goes on. I have too many good things in my life to dwell on and focus on, that the cancer right now is just part of my life and not the main focus. Now in a few months when I am going through treatment, this may change. I have said this before, I am scared. But I cannot boo hoo over this either. What good does that do. Besides, I am not the boo hoo type!
Please enjoy the company of the ones around you this week and do not forget to thank the Lord our God for bringing his son into this world and into our lives.
Many blessings and prayers

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

You go Mary, that is an excellant way to battle this thing. You know that crying won't fix it. I'm glad you still have your sense of humor.

Merry Christmas!

Catherine Finn said...

You are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I love your positive attitude. I will stay updated with your blog. God bless you.