Saturday, May 23, 2009

There hasn't been much to blog this week. It has been a tough week. I do have to say at least I am at home and in my own environment.


I had my follow up appt with Dr Towriss yesterday. Things did not go as well as I wanted. He told me I should be in the "recovery stage." But I am still in the "sick stage." My counts are still high which still indicated I am fighting off an infection. He has me going to the infusion center everyday at the hospital to get an antibiotic and some fluids. He also had me get a CT scan last night. He called me at home and told me there is an infection. Apparently this is not uncommon. They try and get everything clean, but it is not always easy. So the next step is for him to contact a doctor at St Vincents that can go in and just drain the infection. I am hoping this will be this week. The sooner the better. DR T said as long as I don't have fevers,etc.... I will be able to stay out of the "big house." the hospital.

For now I am asking for no visitors. My immune system is pretty low and I am suspseptible to too many things.

Thank you once again for all the food, cards and prayers. Please say extra prayers for me, this whole operation, etc....has been a bump in the road for me. I am trying to stay positive but it is hard.

Blessings

2 comments:

The Simple Life ~ Juvi style said...

Mary, it is just a speed bump...a big speed bump. I'll keep praying for you guys. God knows what he's doing. Trust Him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

I have been following your blog for some time now. I can't even remember how I found it. You have been so strong thru this, just know you are a true inspiration. When the everyday frustrations start to take their toll, I think of what you battle on a daily basis and makes me thankful for what I have verses what I don't. I will cotimue to follow your blog and keep you in my prayers.