Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This morning I decided to start walking. I went to the high school gym. You normally can walk downstairs or upstairs, but they were having a blood drive today downstairs. They made the walkers walk upstairs. I mention this because it takes more laps to make a mile upstairs. Well, I made it around a whole 1/2 mile! I decided not to push the mile. I was pretty happy considering I hadn't walked in a year. I want to start out slowly and build up my strength so I can zumba!
I found a great online place that you can keep track of your caloric intake. It is www.caloriecounter.com. It also rates the food you enter. I ate a granola bar yesterday and it gave it a C because it was high in sugar. Now they give pineapple a good rating, but do mention it being high in sugar as well. But as we all know, it is not processed sugar in pineapple.
I think I will begin to feel better as I exercise more and watch what I eat as well. I have another week of wearing my binder. I dont know if it is going to stay on that long! The Velcro is beginning to wear.
Looking forward to lunch with Becky and Linda at Kensington Tea Room tomorrow afternoon. Ahh. Adult company and conversations!
Blessings!

No comments: