Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Our first support group meeting last night was a huge success! People just kept coming in and coming in and coming in. There were about 30 people there last night. We had to get more chairs. The conference room at the cancer center was packed! I was so excited! We all were. We decided that the second Monday of every month will be our meeting date. Mondays seemed to work for everyone. My heart went out to so many of those folks. I do admit I was proud of the survivors that came. They will be such a great asset to the folks that are going through treatment right now. A couple of families in particular. One man starts treatment today at St V's in Indy. They weren't even going to find out until today what type he had! He was scared and his mom was with him and she was scared and I know the wife was, but she held it together. She is a nurse in North Vernon. Really made me realize what my parents went through with me. Another couple, their son was getting treated right now too. Ironically, the two sons went to school together! Just alot of great fellowship!
This really makes me realize that this is just one of the things God has put me on earth to do.
Blessings!

No comments: