Sunday, December 20, 2009

It was a long last week, but we made it through. Thursday I saw Dr Le and we talked about my upcoming surgery. He told me I will be in the hospital a day or two. Because of the size of my hernia and the fact that I am just now getting my physical strength back, he feels I need to spend the night. I teased him and told him I would play with the nurses regarding my food again. He never pushed me to eat and he understood why I wasn't eating when I was in the hospital. Hopefully this time they won't keep track of my calories!
Claire's preschool class celebrated Claire's birthday Friday. I brought in cupcakes for the class. It was so cute to see her walking in and putting her coat and hat up and going about her business. She seems so grown up when she is there. The speech therapist came up to me and told me she is becoming more verbal all the time and just really wants to talk. We have noticed that at home as well. She does try and repeat words. She is just too cute!
Last night we had our support group Christmas party. There was a new family there. Their daughter was 5 months old. They adopted her when she was 3 hours old!!! She is precious and just adorable! We love having a baby in the group. It has been 2 1/2 years since we have had a baby!
Today we had a birthday party for Claire. We gave her a cupcake to blow her candle out on. She tends to spit when she blows, so we didn't want to gross everyone out! Especially me! I was good though and actually didn't eat any cake. I think I am slowly gaining more weight and it has got to stop! Ha! I know I will feel better after my "baby hernia" is gone.
Looking forward to meeting some girls from the class of '82 tomorrow night. They met over Thanksgiving and I missed it, this time I am going and it should be fun.
Blessings on your week.

No comments: