Monday, December 14, 2009

It certainly has been a trying year. I spent some time last night looking back on my blog and it's post. What a year! Today I saw Dr Olivaris about my scan last week and everything looks good. She told me I was in remission. I was alittle unsure about asking her about the whole remission thing, but she told me I was in remission. I go back every 3 months for blood work and to see her. I will have scans every 6 months. We agreed I need to keep my port in for at least a year. I think after seeing my purple arm from last week, she knew it was not time to take the port out.

I am so thank ful to everyone for the support they have provided my family this year. Thank you for the food, the cards and most of all your prayers. All I need to do is to get through this hernia surgery and I am sure I will feel like a new person. I am so ready to exercise and feel good again. I know that eating right and exercise will be a huge part of my recovery. It is funny, we went out to eat Friday night. I was trying to decide what to order, and then I looked across the table to Claire and Dennis and knew I had to make the better food choice. I know I need to eat healthy in order to be around for my family in the future.

Claire's glasses are in and we need to make plans to go up to Riley and get her fitted for them this week. Dr Le Thursday, Christmas party on Saturday night and then Claire's birthday party on Sunday.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Jan Gerth said...

I am so relieved the the scan was positive. It will be a better year. Our prayers have been answered, but we will keep sending them for all of you.