Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today is Thanksgiving and I cannot even begin to count or name all the blessings I am thankful for. This is an emotional day as I am sure every year it will be that way.

I do have to admit that I had more than once questioned why I had gotten cancer. Anyone who has had it and been through treatment and has not questioned it, is a better human being than me. I was watching The Biggest Loser the other night. The program where they were going back and talking to former contestants. Then I had what they call an "aha" moment. I realized that God had given me cancer in order to realize that I need to be healthier and to take better care of myself. I lost 50 pounds during my illness. Now this is not the way I would wish for anyone to lose the weight, but I did. I now need to maintain my weight and a healthier lifestyle. I know I need to make better food choices in order to stay healthy. So I was given cancer which ironically in the end will make me healthier.

I hope everyone enjoys their day!
Blessings

No comments: