Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our weekend was good. Friday of course was rainy, but I don't mind the rain most days. Saturday we spent the day at Hubers Orchard and Winery. The Schultz family, Katie and Brett, my mom, and Mark's mom Gloria came along. We had a great time and the weather was absolutely wonderful! The pumpkin patch was a bit muddy, but that is OK.
Sunday we had church and then out to lunch afterwards. Then home for naps!
Father Scott in on a retreat so we have a visiting priest. He gave such a good sermon today. He was saying how hard it is in this world to not own things and want to own things. As long as they don't own us. As long as the material things don't possess us. I was thinking about my cancer. I was thinking about how I have never wanted it to own me. I always wanted control of it. But to be honest, I don't know if that is possible. "They" say that a large percentage of your recovery is attitude. Is this really true? If that was really true, don't you think that there would be more people in remission and not dying of cancer? Sometimes you just have to accept God's will. And that is not always our will. I still think often that my cancer will return and that is what scares me the most. I think the further I get into remission, I am hoping this fear goes away.
Time magazine did an article on faith and healing. I think it was done this year. I did not get a chance to read it, but thought it would be interesting to read.
Tomorrow Beth Anne is going with me to take Claire to a follow up ENT appt at Riley. I really do like Riley, I just get tired of having to drive up there. She is due for an eye appt and a Developmental Pediatric DR visit too. Guess I may as well make those while I am there tomorrow. There is an eye Dr in Columbus that would see her, but he is not covered by our insurance. So that blows that!
Week looks good, but cooler. Tomorrow night I am meeting some friends at Tumbleweeds for a post chemo dinner.
Blessings on your week!

No comments: